This convex mirror is a precision product with seven optical coatings for even coverage, transparency, protection against yellowing, scratch-protection, and dust repelling. Go-Vex™ Mirrors will project a quality image for many years with proper protection and care. Unlike any other mirror on the market today, the Go-Vex™ is cleanable.
The advantages of Go-Vex™ Mirror projection is cost, image quality and resolution.
1. Go-Vex™ Mirror solutions are less expensive that fisheye solutions. There is no debating this fact.
2. Go-Vex™ Mirrors eliminates chromatic aberration associated with the horizon of fisheye lenses.
3. Go-Vex™ and Newtonian™2 projection solutions are resolution independent with the only limited to the resolution being the projector you have chosen to use.
4. Go-Vex™ and Newtonian™2 projection solutions are infinitely upgradable. You are not stuck with the initial projector you have chosen. As projector technology continues to improve in lumens and resolutions, you are free to change out for a new projector while repurposing the original projector for classroom or other uses without penalty. This makes Go-Vex™ mirror solutions green and better for the environment.
5. More pixels on the dome! A fisheye lens coupled with a high definition projector loses over 50% of the available pixels due to the round nature of the dome master that the fisheye lens must project. A warped image, designed for a mirror captures 84% of the available pixels giving you more pixels on the dome and higher resolution regardless of what ever apples to apples projector comparison you choose to make. One of the product images illustrates this,showing 3 images.
1. Go-Vex Mirrors are criticized for being so delicate that you can not even blow on then. Not true. We maintain a cautious approach to the care and maintenance of the Go-Vex™ Mirror, but it is the only cleanable first surface mirror available to the market today.
2. The coverage of the mirror is distorted and not complete at the back of the theater. We want to point out that with the Newtonian™2 system, when properly aligned in portable domes, cover over 95% of the dome without distortion. And in fixed domes using, Newtonian™2 systems or stand alone Go-Vex Mirrors, ALL distortion and coverage issues can be eliminated by careful alignment. As evidence, note the product photo provided by Paul Bourke. Using a Newtonian™2 projection system, with a Go-Vex Mirror. Paul is covering 100% of the dome without distortion and is projecting at the cove line allowing for the star ball projector to be used without causing a shadow.
Global Immersive Ltd, 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE
Call: 0800 3118 360
Mon-Fri -------------------------- 9am - 5pm
Sat ---------------------------- closed
Sun ---------------------------- closed
Free monthly newsletter exclusive to our readers only